Our Mission Statement:
“Provide a strong technical and managerial foundation for all sectors of the construction industry by focusing intently on communication, organization and leadership.”
- > Student Focused Faculty
- > Practical Laboratory Activities
- > Technologically Advanced Student Computer Labs
- > Required 12 Week Summer Internship
- > Industry Involvement and Networking
- > Active Professional NAHB and AGC Student Organizations
- > Construction Management Partnership Program
The UNK Construction Management Program provides a strong technical and managerial foundation in residential and light commercial construction techniques and processes. Students have participated in unique student exchanges to Germany and Mexico and have built over 15 homes for Habitat for Humanity.
Students gain additional educational experiences through active involvement in the Construction Management Organization (CMO) Interact and network with fellow classmates, instructors and construction professionals.. Bowling golfing, fishing and BBQ’s are popular events.
Students have the opportunity to meet industry professionals through a program sponsored career fair held exclusively for Construction Management students. Company showcases, community service projects and trips to state and national conferences are all opportunities to develop networking connections.
Real World Experiences
Management based internships are required for all Construction Management students. Internships provide the opportunity to apply skills learned in the classroom and laboratories and experience the industry first hand. Permanent job offers are often the result.
The Construction Management Program at UNK prepares students for employment in a variety of construction related careers. Typical career goals include:
- Project Manager
- Safety Engineer
- Field Supervisor
Why Choose UNK?
- Small class sizes, personal service and attention from faculty and staff.
- Well equipped laboratory providing a superior learning environment.
- Ample opportunities to develop a sense of belonging to the UNK Construction program and campus community.
- “Real World” experiences contribute to learning and networking opportunities.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available through campus and private sector sources.
What Our Graduates Say!!
“When finding a career after graduation, I feel like I was granted a great leg up from those who went to other universities.”
“Students enjoy an open relationship with program faculty members who are always willing to help.”
“The classroom atmosphere was relaxed making it easy to learn.”
Please visit the CM Photo Gallery pages here including snapshots of all the Habitat for Humanity Homes that the UNK CMO has participated with.